At Prolucid we specialize in embedded systems, cloud-enabled Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), big-data, and machine learning. We provide solutions to customers from startups to large multinationals, and work in a variety of regulated markets including Energy, Medical, Manufacturing and more.
Prolucid values training and pushing the technological envelope forward. Prolucid embraces functional programming, and develops many of the technologies we use within open-source eco-systems. We encourage cross-functional developers to not only learn programming languages, but also the related tools and supporting systems. At Prolucid, learning never stops.
Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Prolucid. Our growing Cloud Development team is currently working on projects in the Medical, Agriculture, Energy, and Transportation industries.
- F#, .NET/Mono, Windows/Linux/MacOS
- Apache Storm
- Develop and deliver large, scalable applications targeting custom IIoT deployments in a variety of industries
- Work with Embedded developers to integrate hardware and sensors with cloud back-ends, and front-end developers to create modern, responsive web and native UI’s
- Build out analytic and core cloud functions required to solve customer problems including design and testing for scale and performance
- Contribute to OSS projects including Prolucid’s own core technologies at github.com/Prolucid
- An in-depth understanding of design principles and design patterns (and you know when not to overdo it)
- You prefer working software and practice TDD, know when to judiciously apply refactoring and how to rely on continuous integration to achieve it
- Experience with functional languages and paradigms (OCaml, Scala, Haskell, Lisp, or maybe you just find yourself zipping and mapping a lot in Python)
- .NET / Mono is a plus
- A demo app in a functional language
- Experience with modern front-end stacks
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- FOSS, StackOverflow, Kaggle or any other contributions (Have you worked on any side projects lately?)
Do you want to work with a team of some of the brightest software architects, on meaningful projects that make a difference for our customers, at a company where your contribution directly impacts those around you, and where your experience and voice are heard? Let’s talk - prolucid.ca/careers